You’ll want to head to the beach when you arrive, so to help your stay here is some useful information.
Where is Toms Holidays?
- Approaching from the east on the A30, take the last exit from the Hayle roundabout bringing you into Hayle.
- After 200-300 yards, carry straight on at the double mini-roundabout.
- After a further half mile, turn right opposite the Jet petrol station.
- Continue for approximately three quarters of a mile through the village of Phillack and the Chalet site is on the left.
How do I get there?
- By car- The A30 trunk road brings you directly to Hayle and the properties are only a few miles from the Hayle junction. For SatNav simply enter our post code TR27 5AT.
- By coach- There are coach services from all parts of England to west Cornwall.
- By train- Hayle is lucky to have a main line train station and there are buses and taxis to take you to the property.
- By air- Newquay is our nearest airport, with regular flights from London and Manchester, Belfast, Scotland and Europe.
From 2020 Toms has introduced a full linen service to enhance your holiday experience. No longer will you have to cram the linen into an already packed car or spend time making up beds, before your holiday can start. You will be able to walk into your holiday home completely ready for your arrival with crisp white linen on all beds and towels for everyone.
Please note, some properties have opted out of providing linen, these will be clearly marked in the property description
- Depending on when you are arriving, keys can be picked up from the Riviere Towans Management Company office at the following times.
- Saturdays between 3pm and 6pm
- Sunday between 12pm and 1pm (or 10-1 If there is no departure the same day)
- Monday – Friday between 3pm and 5pm.
- Do not worry if you are arriving after office hours. Just let us know and we will make arrangements to leave the key to your property in a safe place.
- Many local supermarkets offer home delivery. This is something that many of our customers take advantage of, having groceries delivered directly to their chalet. When making a food order we would ask that you include the following information on your order.
- Your name (preferably the same as the booking name)
- Your chalet number and name
- Address of the site (Can be found on you booking documentation)
- Your mobile number (Which will be on when the delivery arrives)
- In most cases when your delivery arrives the driver will go straight to your chalet. In some cases, they may require you to meet them at the park entrance to collect your order.
- To ensure we can direct any deliveries efficiently, we would appreciate it if you could let us know when your order is due. Just drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note you will need to be on site to receive the delivery and it must be after 3pm on the day of arrival. Also note that some properties do not have freezers. We are also unable to accept deliveries on behalf of customers.
- All of the properties we manage are smoke free. If you wish to smoke, please do so outside of the property. We do have external, free standing ash trays available from the office. (No charge)
Cots and Highchairs
- Highchairs and cots are available to hire from Toms Holidays at £15 per week. Each item is available to add to your basket when booking your holiday. If you have already booked or booking by phone, just let us know and we will add it to your order.
- Dogs are only accepted in certain properties. Please check the website.
- Dogs must be kept under strict control.
- There is a charge of £35.00 per dog per week. NO OTHER PETS ALLOWED. Please note some breeds are restricted.
- Some properties are suitable for two dogs and a couple will accept 3 dogs. A Security Deposit of £100 applies for more than one dog. This is refundable on the conclusion of your holiday.
- Sorry, we only accept dogs in our pet friendly properties.
- Short Breaks can be arranged early and late season. Short break availability is at the managers discretion.
- In most of our chalets electricity is included in the price of your holiday. Please be aware, a few properties still have a coin meter and in these cases you will need £1 coins to pay for electricity during your stay. These will be clearly marked on the individual property description pages.
Standard features in all properties
- All of our properties are equipped with all of the general equipment you will need to enjoy your holiday. Kitchens are fully stocked with cutlery, crockery and cooking apparatus as well as oven, microwave and fridge. The specifics of each property are available to view on its corresponding property description.
- Deposits are non-refundable. If you cancel your holiday you will still be accountable for the balance of your payment.
What shops and restaurants are in Hayle?
- Hayle has many shops ranging from some big high street chains such as M&S, Next, Boots as well as two supermarkets Lidl and Asda. We are also fortunate that most of the shops on the high street are independent, thus offering a wide variety of services.
What takeaways are in Hayle?
- Your choice for dinner is comprehensive and varied! We have many take out options including classic fish and chips, curry houses, Chinese takeaways and pizza parlours. Many also offer free delivery.
What is there to do in and around Hayle?
- There are many things to do in and around Hayle; Heartlands, Cornwall Gold, Hayle Golf Range, Paradise Park to name a few. Eden Project is only up the road in St Austell. There are many natural features; unspoilt dunes, beaches to stroll along and cliff top walks to see West Cornwall at its best!
How far is the property from Hayle?
- Toms Holidays is approximately a mile from Hayle town centre. You can either follow the road back into town, or if you are walking, you could elect to follow the beach back around to North Quay and then into Hayle.
What do the ‘Filters’ mean?
- Ocean Views – All these properties will have sea views of St Ives Bay. This may be between other properties. For the best views look for properties with *Panoramic Views*
- Estuary Views – All these properties will have sea views of Hayle Estuary.
- Beach Front – These are the very closest properties to the beach. These are either on or very close the the costal path.
- Veranda / Seating – Properties with some outside seating either a picnic bench of an enclosed veranda with seating. Please check the property details.
- Adjacent Parking – Parking is beside the property or very close. This does not mean it is dedicated parking for the property.
- Easy Access – These properties will include adjacent parking but will also have level access to the property and minimal steps into the property.
- Disabled – Properties that are fitted to include wet rooms with grab rails and level access.
- Dog Friendly – Dogs are accepted in these properties at an additional charge of £35 per dog per week. (Security deposit may apply)
- Washing Machine – The property includes a washing machine.
- Dish Washer – The property includes a dish washer
- No Bunks – None on the sleeping facilities are bunk beds.
- Bath – The property includes a bath rather than just a shower cubicle.
How far is the property from the beach?
- Every property on Riviere Towans is very close to the beach. Depending on which property you are staying in you could be on the beach within two minutes. If you are in one of the chalets farther back, it may be a five to ten minute stroll to the beach.
Are all the properties the same?
- No! All of the properties are privately owned and all have their own style and flair. They all also vary in size. To get the property that is right for you check out the property descriptions and photos. You can always ring the office for advice.
Are properties suitable for the disabled?
- Some properties that we manage are specifically designed for this purpose. These properties typically have wet rooms, ramps and are easily accessible with a wheelchair. We also have many properties that have adjacent parking and are on level ground.
What time can I move into the property?
- Check in is at 3:00pm. on the day of arrival. If you are arriving after office hours, then please let us know and we will arrange to leave your keys in a safe place. Check out is at 9:00am on the morning of departure.
Is there heating in the property?
- All our properties have heating. The specific heating systems will usually be electric storage heaters or oil filled radiators.
Can I have extra people staying with me?
- Yes, that is not a problem, but the total number must not exceed the sleeping capacity of the property.
Can I have a barbecue?
- Barbecues are permitted under careful supervision. Barbecues must not be placed directly onto grass, decking or any surface that can burn.
Where do I park?
- For most properties it is most convenient to park directly outside the chalet. Some properties do not have direct road access. Check the properties description for details.
Can we bring more than one car?
- Most chalets have space available for up to two cars.
Can I bring a trailer with my car?
- We can accept small trailers but please contact Toms Holidays for further details.
Paying for your holiday
How can I pay?
- Upon booking we will require a deposit payment of 25% of the total. Payments can be made using most common debit/credit cards, bank transfer or cheques. We can take payment online or over the phone.
When do I pay the balance?
- The final balance is due six weeks before the holiday. If you wish to make regular payments towards your booking, you are welcome to phone the office to pay by card or make online bank transfers. (Please use your booking referance as a payment reference)
Will you remind me?
- We do not send reminders. When you book online you do however have the option to enable us to automatically take the balance payment when it is due.
If I forget to pay the balance what happens?
- We will always try and contact you regarding any outstanding payment. However, if we cannot contact you, the booking will be cancelled.
- It is important to remember that in the West Country the air is often warm and humid. However, even in summer, if it has been particularly wet or there is a build-up of steam from showers, it is advisable to open some windows to air the property.
What do I do if I have a problem?
- We take any issue our guests raise very seriously, and we will do everything we can to make sure any problems are rectified. If you do have any concerns while you are staying with us, please do let us know immediately, so that we can ensure that your holiday is not adversely affected. Our out of hours phone number (displayed in the office window) is staffed every day including Sundays and bank holidays, someone will always pick up your message and get back to you. Don’t wait to let us know if you are experiencing a problem! We do have an out of hours number which is on the front of the office.
Avoid problems! If in doubt, always ask.
- As mentioned above, all the properties on site are very unique. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require information. Let us know what you are looking for in a property and we will help find you a chalet that is suited to your needs.