Why Toms Holidays?
At Toms Holidays we combine enthusiasm for this beautiful area with great service to all of our owners and visitors alike. Being owners of holiday properties ourselves and involved in the holidays industry for over fifty years we feel we can offer a wealth of experience, culminating in owners realising the potential of their properties and visitors having found a place they wish to return to year after year. Most of all you can expect total commitment, commitment to give excellent service to both owners and visitors.
Let’s make it simple
All of the following is included in our basic commission rate: 17.5% +VAT
- Property listings and detail – The text can be very simple but must have the detail the customer requires. This is not marketing text but a detailed description of what is in the property. This information is used once customers have chosen a property. It enables them to confirm that all the appliances, fittings and furniture they require for a comfortable holiday are available.
- Third party portals – As well as building your property listing on our system we have them built and ready to use on hundreds of third party systems if needed. These include Tripadvisor, Holiday Lettings, Airbnb, VRBO, Homeaway, TUI, Atraveo, Stays, iknow, Love Cottages and many many more.
- Detailed property information listing – This is a full chart of details of everything from hot water system, to the switch location for a fridge or TV. This allows us to manage customer calls when they can’t get the hot water to work, be it they can’t find the switch to instructions for the plumber to speed up the repair process. The basics of this are included in arrival emails to the guest
- Photography – Arguably the most important part of marketing. Good quality and honest photography promotes enquiries and subsequently bookings. Most holidays are booked from viewing a few photos, so it is important to get them right.
- VR Tour – (Additional charges) This is a full virtual reality tour of your property. The guest can view the property as if they were standing inside, all from their computer or VR headset. As the customer can see everything this gives them the confidence to book the property.
- Updates – Property details and listings are an ever changing thing which need updating. At any point we are happy to come and redo these details to ensure the best marketing for you and the most accurate details for the customer.
Toms Holidays has been here in Hayle for over 50 years and built up a very strong regular client base who trust and use us. We have staff who continuously monitor and update the marketing, using all the analytics and statistics available to us from our booking system. We have statistics available to us showing how each of the many advertising streams are performing, thus helping us decide where our substantial advertising budget is best placed. We advertise in a variety of areas including:
- Brochure – The brochure is printed each Autumn and some 3000 are posted to past customers of the previous two years. Others are distributed to those requesting a brochure by phone or internet or collected by those who happen to pass the office and would like more information regarding the properties we have on offer.
- Online – As well as select advertising on the local websites, we have invested heavily in many national and international websites, reaching a much larger and widespread client base, trying to ensure that not only the peak Summer weeks but the quieter Spring and Autumn breaks are booked as well.
- SEO – Search Engine Optimisation. By optimising your listings we can position ourselves much higher on search sites such as Google and Bing. We are continuously working to ensure we are high on relevant terms to attract a good customer base.
- Pay per Click Advertising – These ads appear at the top of google searches and on many websites who are paid to host advertising. This type of advertising also includes very targeted marketing aimed at the desired customer profile, on platforms such as Facebook and twitter. This is an ever changing form of marketing that is continuously updated.
- tomsholidays.co.uk – The comprehensive website houses full descriptions and multiple photographs of each property. The website is user friendly and customers should find all the information they require to help them decide which property would suit their needs and then take them through to booking and online payment. We have a dedicated member of staff who constantly monitors and updates the website, ensuring Toms Holidays is high in the rankings of search engines, and therefore easy for our existing and new customers to find.
- Social Media – Inclusion on the various social media websites is imperative to successful marketing. Advertising campaigns and offers can be directed to already loyal customers and an incredibly loyal client base is reinforced.
- Third party portals – We have live data access to thousands of portal websites in 40+ languages ensuring our coverage of your property is comprehensive across the internet. No matter which portal they use to book, the information is fed back to our database and we contact the customer to confirm the booking. From that point on they can contact us direct with any questions. We manage the booking from this point right through to the post departure feedback and promotion for future booking.
- Printed – Advertising is constantly evolving and being updated. We have statistics available to us showing how each of the many advertising streams are performing, thus helping us decide where our substantial advertising budget is best placed. Whilst historically the greatest share of the budget went towards paper advertising, now the majority of the budget is directed to the internet, however we do continue some paper advertising, as well as magazine features.
- First Response to customer raised issues – If a customer calls with an issue, a member of staff will first visit the property to assess the situation. 99% of the time they can also quickly fix the problem, so no need for the expense to call out a tradesmen. If a tradesman is required, we will stay on site to look after the guest while the tradesman repairs the problem.
- Tradesmen – We have a team of dedicated independent trade providers ready to help and able to be with us at short notice. We have these trades on standby for us when we need them. (charges for repairs will apply)
- Year around emergency support– Hopefully you don’t need this!! But if you do we are here to help start sorting out winter leaks, storm damage etc.
- Annual Maintenance & General Repairs – We are happy to arrange for all or any maintenance work to be carried out. Jobs will be priced individually.
- Stock of smaller items – In our onsite office, we stock a supply of smaller items which we can replace for owners or customers if the need arises. We stock items such as kettles, toasters, washing lines, loo seats and so on…. most of what might be needed on a busy Saturday.
- Larger appliances for temporary use – We also carry stock of larger items such as heaters, TVs, spare fridges and vacuum cleaners which are available on loan to assist when necessary.
- Key handling – Although this is mostly handled by the RTCCMC, we are always here to help with keys for tradesmen, out of hours arrivals (if pre-arranged), winter work etc.
- The office – Our Riviere Towans office is manned year-round, not only for the convenience of our customers during the season, but to assist with out of season footfall ranging from interested parties to workmen needing assistance with keys and deliveries.
- Online owner login and reservation – Owners are given their own login details to view the bookings made on their property and to make their own owner bookings. Owners can reserve weeks for their own use without cost, however during the months of July and August there are restrictions with commission charges in place.
- Property maintenance recommendation report – At the end of each season we will produce, where required, a list of maintenance work and property improvements that will either be required before the following season or will enhance the property, to help the bookings and your return on investment.
- Customer survey report – After each visitor departs they are sent a short questionnaire about the property, Toms Holidays and the location. These are non-public surveys allowing us to catch any recurring issues, thus helping us to improve the property and keep the same customers coming back. From this we produce a report for you as an owner to enable you to understand how the property is viewed by customers.
- Customer support – Often overlooked, but this is why we have such high levels of repeat bookings. For example, we can assist in finding local medical services, have linen available if customers forget their own or even simply recommend where to eat or visit or fill in a little local history. We try to be as helpful, informative and welcoming as possible.
- Customer options and extras – These are paid for by the customer but as guest of your property, they have the option to rent cots, highchairs, freezers and buy a Holiday Cancellation Plan.
- Account management – Each owner has an individual account set up with Toms Holidays. All transactions are detailed in the account. All income is credited and should Toms need to supply an item, the cost of this and other services will be noted against the account. Full accounts are live on the owners login section.
- Reservations – Our current booking system has been specifically developed and as such gives us, owners and customers an easy system to use online and over the phone. Bookings are also reflected in the owners accounts in real time.
- Additional Services – The items below will be charged and managed
Additional Services (to fully managed)
Price list available on request
- Spring clean- Thorough deep clean of the property.
- Launder or replace bedding where necessary (separate laundry costs apply).
- Electricity- We will turn on all electricity ready for occupation and check lights and appliances.
- Turn on water and fill system.
- Property presentation- We ensure the property is presented to its best appearance.
- Put external furniture and bin out.
- Gutters and window ledges jet washed where necessary (separate costs apply)
Pre Season services
- Legionella Safety Report – As an owner, you must understand the health risks associated with legionella and you are responsible to take the right precautions to reduce the risk of exposure. We are offering a service to risk assess your property to identity sources of risk.
- PAT – Portable Appliance Test- The annual check of all electrical appliances.
- Pest control (March) – Spraying of the chalet before the start of season. This will be carried out in March so all work, including spring cleaning and property preparation will need to have been completed by this time.
- TV Licence We are pleased to be able to offer our owners a very competitive rate.
Housekeeping & Fire Checks
- Launder or replace bedding where necessary. (Separate laundry costs apply)
- All of our cleaning staff are clearly visible in our Toms Holidays uniform allowing easy recognition by guests.
- We provide our cleaners with a range of cleaning products and equipment for all jobs.
- Supervisors will check properties after they have been cleaned.
- Bath mat will be replaced with each clean.
- A complimentary soap, toilet roll and bin liner will be provided in each property with each clean.
- Fire equipment is checked and a record kept.
- Your property will receive a double clean twice a year during the course of the season. Please note, only one set of linen per bed is required. Spare stock is not required and can’t be used.
Summer External Maintenance
- Grass Cutting
- Window Cleaning.
- Pack bedding and lift mattresses.
- Remove items such as TV from view.
- Power down, switch off all electricity, open fridge and/or freezer (deal with meltwater).
- Turn the water off and drain down the system.
- Secure doors and windows All windows and doors are secured as well as the property allows.
- Pull furniture away from walls to allow maximum air circulation.
- Bring in external furniture (where possible).
- Wash wheelie bin and put in the property.
Winter Property Maintenance
- Water Off and On by Plumber – This option includes draining the hot water tank. However, plumbers will not guarantee against freezing.
- Insurance Checks required by some insurance companies – Carry out monthly insurance checks over the closed winter months at the end of the year.
- During the winter months we are able to arrange and manage everything from basic redecoration work to full kitchen and property refits, as well as developments and extensions. All jobs are priced individually.