Great Days Out
Attractions and great days out for all weather.
If you are looking for great days out, look no further. West Cornwall has it all.
Spend an hour or two combing the narrow streets of quaint fishing villages, take a trip out to see the seals or simply enjoy a leisurely lunch at one of the highly rated restaurants or beach cafes. Explore the galleries of local artists as well as national treasures such as the Tate, St. Ives.
You can drive or leave the car and travel into the town by a beautiful scenic rail trip along the coast, not to be missed.
West Cornwall has a wealth of areas of historical interest. Being in the forefront of the industrial revolution, there are, mines, engine houses and docks as well as ancient monuments such as Chysauster and Lanyon Quiot.
Many fabulous National Trust properties are within a short drive with the added bonus of fabulous gardens to explore.
If shopping is your thing, Truro is a short drive with all you would expect of this county city.
For those looking for more action, there are opportunities for surfing, horse riding, windsurfing, paddle boarding, fishing, and with the coast path on our doorstep, options for walks are endless.
For specific days out we have listed a few suggestions which are easily accessible from Toms Holidays but these are by no means all that is available, just some ideas:
- Paradise Park – Hayle
- St. Ives via Lelant using the train from Lelant – Lelant Saltings approx. 3 miles.
- Tate St Ives – 7 miles
- St. Michael’s Mount. – 8 miles
- Isles of Scilly from Penzance – 8 miles.
- The Helston Railway – 9 miles
- Flambards Theme Park, Helston – 10 miles
- Cornwall Gold – 11 miles
- St. Just Engine Houses and Geevor mine – 15 miles
- Healey’s Cider Farm – 16 miles
- Minack Theatre – 17 miles
- Land’s End – 20 miles
- Eden Project – 32 Miles
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan – 34 miles